|Last edit||23 February 2019 01:31:15|
|Support contact||Simon Schlosser|
Business partner data management is heavily redundant: Many companies manage data for the same entities such as country names and codes, bill-to, ship-to, and ordering addresses, or legal hierarchies of customers and suppliers. The CDL collaboration approach is based on a trusted network of user companies that share and collaborativelay maintain this data.
Setting up the collaboration
Ramp up process
Selection of data
The CDL data model describes the attributes that are collaboratively maintained in the CDL's shared data pool. The model is subject of continuous discussion and extension by the CDL Steering Committee.
Not all business partners managed at a CDL user company is applicable for sharing within the CDL. There are certain prerequisites that have to be met:
- There are transactions with the partner. This means the corresponding record was used in a business process.
- The business partner is active. Records that are no longer in use at a user company are to be excluded. Typically, records become inactive when the business partner is out of business, has changed/renamed, or there are internal reasons like that the record is a duplicate.
- No one time vendors.
- No special security class. I.e. records that comprise anonymized names or that are per se incomplete due to security reasons .
- The business partner is not marked for deletion or flagged as duplicate.
- At least one address is provided. If there is just one address it has to be then necessarily the legal address, i.e. an address which is officially registered with the business partner
- All addresses can be shared. Any other address of a business partner can and should be shared with the CDL (also pure ship-to or bill-to addresses)
SAP distinguishes partner functions and business partner roles. Depending on the SAP release of the CDL member the business partner is the leading concept whereas in older releases customers and vendors were explicitly distinguished and managed as silos.
Business partner roles are used to categorize a business parter from a business point of view. Different roles may be assigned to a business partner which reflect the business context in which a partner is involved. Thereby, based on the partner role different partner functions are assigned to the business partner such as Sold-to-party or Bill-to-Party.
Mapping the SAP business partner to the CDL data model.
Non SAP users
The Corporate Data League (CDL). The collaboration approach of the CDL follows the guidelines and principles of the Community Charter and is governed by the CDL Steering Committee following the rules of the Steering Committee Charter.
The success and performance of the collaborative effort is continuously measured, communicated and visualized by a number of Key Performance Indicators.